PRAYER & FASTING 2018
20-22 August 2018
As we anticipate a powerful encounter with the Holy Spirit, Every Nation Church Istanbul will begin with a 3 day time of prayer and fasting.
We take time to pray and fast to:
- consecrate ourselves, families, and ministries to God
- thank God for His faithfulness, mercy, and grace
- believe God for victories and breakthroughs in every area of our lives this year
Join us as we continue to believe God for new opportunities and big breakthroughs in 2018!
To Prayer and Fasting
- Jesus fasted.
- Fasting is an act of humility and consecration.
- Fasting helps us become sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
- Fasting brings revival.
- Fasting is healthy.
PREPARE FOR THE FAST
- Pray –Spend time reading the Bible before the fast. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance in your prayers. In your notebook or journal, write down your faith goals, as well as your answered prayers so far in 2018.
- Commit– Pray about the kind of fast you will undertake and commit to it ahead of time. Do not decide on a day-to-day basis. Ask God for grace.
- Act– Start eating smaller portions a few days before the fast. Avoid food high in sugar and fat. Plan to limit physical and social activities for the week of the fast. Ask someone to be your prayer partner and support throughout the fast.
Then Joshua said to the people,
“Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow
the Lord will do wonders among you.”
- Focus– Set aside time to work through the devotionals. Be ready to respond to God’s Word and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray– Join our prayer meeting on Tuesday, 21 August at 6:30pm. Intercede for your family, church, pastors, nation, campuses, and missions throughout the week.
- Replenish– During mealtime, read the Bible and pray instead. Drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can. Be ready for temporary bouts of physical weakness and mental annoyances like impatience and irritability.
17Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
BREAKING THE FAST
- Eat– Reintroduce solid food gradually. Your body will need time to adjust to a normal diet. Start with fruits, juices, and salad, then add more vegetables. Eat small portions throughout the day.
- Pray– Don’t give up! Trust God’s faithfulness and timing. Carry your newfound passion for God throughout the year. Be in faith for God to answer your prayers.
9Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry,
and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ . . .”