THE CHURCH IS IN A SEASON AND WE SHOULD KNOW WHAT IT IS AND RESPOND ACCORDINGLY
6 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Luke 3:16-17 ESV
 John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.  His winnowing fork is in his hand, to clear his threshing floor and to gather the wheat into his barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”
Acts 2:14-21 ESV
 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words.  For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day.  But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:  “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;  even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.  And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;  the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.  And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
This was prophesied by the prophet Joel, again by John the Baptist, begun in the time of Peter, and this season has not ended.
Matthew 24:3-14 ESV
 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”  And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray.  For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.  And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.  For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.  All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.  “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.  And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another.  And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray.  And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end will be saved.  And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
ANALOGY OF ACCELERATED CONTRACTIONS IN PREGNANCY
There will be an acceleration of both the harvest and lawlessness and persecution.
SO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS SEASON?
- We are nearing the end, so end-time events will increase.
- There is an increase in supernatural activity. The enemy is showing more power, so should the church.
- The end-time harvest is here. We need to reap it.
- The enemy’s time is getting short. We will see an increase in lawlessness and a falling away.
- The world will become darker so that the light will become brighter. Those who love God will be increasingly persecuted.
AND WHAT IS GOD DOING IN THIS SEASON?
Psalm 21:8 ESV
 Your hand will find out all your enemies; your right hand will find out those who hate you.
- He is spreading His Gospel all over the world.
- He is reaping His harvest all over the world.
- He is sifting out the wheat from the chaff. Separating the sheep from the goats. This is through testing and trials.
- He is pouring out His Spirit in increasing measure.
- He is preparing the way for His Son’s return and the salvation of Israel.
- In Turkey, he is preparing us for the harvest. It will be no different. There will be a harvest and persecution.
SO WHAT SHOULD WE BE DOING IN THIS SEASON?
- To live for heavenly rewards, not earthly ones
- To set our minds on things above, not on earth.
- To evangelise and make disciples.
- To decide whose side we are on
- Be ready to face the inevitable persecution and endure
- Seek miracles, signs and wonders.
Colossians 3:1-2 ESV
 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.